Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 2 - Rituals Even Happier

This was a couple of weeks ago, I vow to get caught up. Week 2 in Even Happier is about creating Rituals. We left Owen out this week because we thought it would be pretty hard for a 6-year-old to try to keep a ritual up.

Brett's ritual is really for me I think but can be for him to: He wants 45 mins. of downtime before 8:00 PM every day.

I will give you the details behind this. As soon as I get home in the afternoons, the kitchen, the laundry, dinner stuff that people do to keep their household running calls my name. Most days I give in to the calls, but Brett rather me come in and just hangout with him and Owen. I agree that I should do this more often. I have been trying really hard and he makes sure to remind me daily.

I have 2 rituals. My first is to stop cussing. Every time I think I might cuss I want to take 5 deep breaths and say something else. Growing up in my family, cussing was not a big deal so I became used to it being apart of my vocabulary as an adult. It is a very bad habit I am trying to break.

So far I am doing really well until it come to a certain person. She will remain anonymous, but let's just call her M. LOL, funny story on that note. Owen went to his mom's house yesterday to spend the day and I told him not to take his new toy because she always keeps our nice stuff and send him home with crap. Crap toys, crap clothes. The clothes really make me mad, I want to start sending him in his underwear it has gotten so bad. Anyway, so he takes the really cool toy gun that Pop bought him at the gun show. I warned him. Well, he didn't come home with it. So this morning Brett called me at work to tell me the first thing Owen said when he woke up. "Mindy took my gun and told me I had to leave it at her house, can mom call her and be mean to get it back?" So it's really funny but kinda sad that he knows we don't get along.

And, he came home in gym shorts and a walmart tee and she just happened to forget to bring his nice shorts home. Imagine that....

No comments: